Vehicular access to City of Wolverhampton Railway Station will change from Sunday January 8 as part of the city’s £132 million Interchange improvements. This coincides with the switch to the new entrance for the multi-storey car park which opens for the first time on the same day after being extended and refurbished on schedule.
The changes will mean:
- There will no longer be any access to Railway Drive for vehicles
- Vehicles will access and exit the station car park, short stay parking, improved passenger drop-off/pick-up area, and increased taxi rank provision from Corn Hill
- The capacity will increase from 450 to more than 800 long stay parking spaces.
- Pedestrians should continue to access the station via the footbridge from Pipers Row
- National Cycle Route 81 will be maintained along Railway Drive, although cyclists should take care as construction traffic will be operating in the area
- The old entrance to the multi-storey car park will be permanently removed